Monday 17 September 2007

Summer Hols West - Capilano

Summer Hols West - Capilano

Last day in Vancouver.



Quick trip to Capilano.



This Tlingit dude was singing a song in his native tongue.
I understand that the translation was something like "You're gonna fall off the bridge and die"



It's Beavis or perhaps Butt-Head.
"He he - you're gonna fall off the bridge and die man - he he. Whoa - I'm made out of wood - he he - I said wood!"



Metallica cover band in period costume playing Enter Sandman.



The bridge about which we were warned earlier...



Here we go.



A few months earlier, this tree fell on the bridge.
It only weighed 40 tonnes or so - nothing to worry about at all - hmm.



We made it!



So now we are over on this side, what adventures await us?



Catwalks (but no cats).





It's a weather station.



"Be vewwy vewwy qwiet - we're hunting Ewoks!"



They have very tall beavers here at Capilano.



"I'm a model you know what I mean
And I do my little turn on the catwalk
Yeah on the catwalk on the catwalk yeah
I do my little turn on the catwalk"



The Balad of Big Doug.



Big Doug himself.



Cayde and Addie contemplating how they can push each other into the water without either getting wet themselves or getting in trouble from their parents.



A quick moment to relax - phew.



See - the bridge is really high.



Back we go.






One of these things is not like the others...



Didn't have time to go to Grouse Mountain.
(Even though it would be thoroughly grouse!)

1 comment:

Normaf said...

giddy heights!mumnorma